Happy New Year Mamas! Today’s episode is perfect for the new year and will inspire you to start simplifying you life right away! Today, I connect with not just one, but two amazing Mamas who are living the minimalist lifestyle while raising their families. They share their experiences with minimalism on their podcast, The Minimalist Moms Podcast. The show is a weekly conversation between my guests, Megan Ericson and Diane Boden, two simple-living and minimalism-loving moms. Their goal is to inspire you to think more and do with less.
Diane: wife to Marty, mom to Miss Charlotte Rose and Baby Martin. Lover of books, travel, cool autumn days and coffee. A reformed ‘shop-aholic’ (so to speak) who now readily embraces a ‘less is more’ lifestyle.
Megan: full-time mom to three little hooligans and part-time social media manager. Chronic purger, keeper of a capsule wardrobe, and seeker of ways to simplify life.
On this episode we discuss practical applications of minimalism in your life including:
- being more conscious about wants versus needs and consumption with a focus on experiences versus material possessions
- the challenges you may face when implementing minimalist strategies with a family and give great advice on how to approach these challenges
- reducing your choices and minimizing decision fatigue with systems like a capsule wardrobe and meal planning
- mindfulness and minimizing the clutter in your mind to save your energy on the things that really matter
- tips to dialing in your budget to help minimize debt and mindless spending
- we talk about how to approach to minimalism really is a journey that takes practice and how to take baby steps every day toward simplifying your life
- and finally, we discuss the idea of JOMO and why this is way better than FOMO
Links Mentioned in Show:
The Minimalist Moms Podcast: http://www.minimalistmomspodcast.com
Episode on Mins Debt: http://www.minimalistmomspodcast.com/ep10-a-minimalist-approach-to-becoming-debt-free/
Soulful Simplicity, Courtney Carver: https://www.amazon.com/Soulful-Simplicity-Living-Less-Lead/dp/0143130684
Better Than Before, Gretchen Rubin: https://gretchenrubin.com/books/better-than-before/about-the-book/
Inspector Gamache Book Series: https://www.goodreads.com/series/42154-chief-inspector-armand-gamache
Nuzest Nutritional Supplements
CLICK HERE to shop and use promo code EMOM for 15% off your order + free shipping