My guest today is Austin Rees, a Baltimore Based La Leche League Leader, an International Board Certified Lactation Consultant, as well as a Certified Babywearing Consultant. This mother of 4 is a former home-schooling mother and is now the co-founder of Sacred Milk within the Sacred Living Movement and runs the website BreastSkinSling.com – She is a firm believer in the power of skin-to-skin, sisterhood, and honoring all of life’s transitions.
I’ll be honest, I definitely consider myself somewhat ‘crunchy’ or ‘woo woo’ when it comes to health and wellness, so I was loving this conversation coming from a place of female empowerment through intuition and trusting yourself. And in this episode we’ll be talking about
- how my guest uses local groups to help share her resources to build a larger support system
- reminds us of the importance of community and the idea that it really does take a village to raise a family
- she shares more about the organization that she co-founded, Milk Stories and the amazing opportunity it gives mothers to just express their feelings about their breastfeeding experience in a safe place, without being judged or getting unsolicited advice
- she talks about the importance of trusting your body and knowing your limits in all stages of your life – well beyond child birth
- she talks about the importance of releasing expectations that have been holding you back from one thing or another
- some great advice on how to create a personalized sacred space within your home, a place where you can seek some peace and quiet
And while much of our conversation today is around childbirth and nursing, the general themes are applicable to life in general, so I hope you guys listen in and enjoy.