After teaching middle school for over seven years, Jennifer Gonzalez took a break to stay home with her three young kids. Within a few years, she was teaching part-time at the college level, where she worked to prepare new teachers for the classroom. Eventually, Jenn took this work online and created her website, Cult of Pedagogy, where she’s have been writing, podcasting, and creating products and courses since 2013 to help teachers crush it in the classroom.
Listen in to hear Jenn and I dive in to topics including
- how she built her online community for educators
- the parallels of teaching and parenting
- why just doing “something” is the first step to eliminating overwhelm
- why it’s “Ok” to be a dork about the things that bring you joy
- the best ways to connect with likeminded people
- and how to use “CrossFit” as a verb and a way to tackle the to do list
I kinda felt like my guest is my soul sister – I definitely connected with her over this interview and well beyond just both geeking out about CrossFit – i just love that she is a self proclaimed nerd, I love the work that she’s doing and I know you guys are going to enjoy her story – so stay tuned for my episode with Jennifer Gonzalez.
Links From Show:
Jennifer’s Website: https://www.cultofpedagogy.com
Cult of Pedagogy Podcast: https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/the-cult-of-pedagogy-podcast/id900015782?mt=2
Michael Hyatt: https://michaelhyatt.com/