Aparna Mele, M.D. is a board certified gastroenterologist with Digestive Disease Associates since 2007. She came to the field of medicine with extensive experience in international relief work overseas and is actively involved in local philanthropic work directed towards patient education and promotion of societal health.
She started My Gut Instinct, her nonprofit organization, to educate the community about self-empowerment towards better health through better dietary choices, regular exercise, and preventative care. In her spare time, she enjoys spending time with her husband and two children, doing CrossFit, playing the piano, gourmet cooking, and traveling around the world.
Listen in while Aparna talks about:
– her experience of working alongside Mother Teresa in India as a young woman
– how she ended up working in the medical field (after having zero desire to do so) and how she created her own meaning behind her work
– what inspired her to start her non-profit in the 9th fattest city in the country
– and how she hosts an annual party to help people see and experience the beauty in health
– the challenges she faces being spread really thin as a mom, a wife, a doctor and running her non-profit on the side – what she does to remind her to stay in the moment
– why she never leaves her kids when she goes on a trip and how she finds ways to make traveling (even internationally) with her kids work
– and gives some wonderful advice which is ‘get to know your children’ – and this might sound obvious, but she expands on it and its such a beautiful message and reminder…
You are going to love her story and if you think of someone who might enjoy this episode please be sure to share! Thanks for tuning in and please enjoy this episode with my guest, Dr. Aparna Mele.
Support for this podcast comes from listeners like you! For the price of a cup of coffee, you can help make episodes like this one possible. AND you’ll be contributing to the growth of The Engine Mom movement which includes bi-weekly episodes and bonus content, virtual support and mastermind groups, online coaching and so much more.
Head on over to our Patreon page at patreon.com/emom to learn more about how you can be a part of this movement!
From the bottom of my heart – thank you!
Subscribe: iTunes | Stitcher | Google Play