Known to her family and friends as Krys, Bubbles and Mommy, Krystal officially launched her blog, Around the Way Mom in 2016 as a way to chronicle her experiences as a first-time mom while balancing her career, community work, and being an amazing wife! As an ‘educator’ by trade, she works with countless students in Maryland to help them realize their potential and bring their dreams to life. An article by my guest was recently featured in CEO MOM magazine, and that press was shared on my daughter’s Montessori school’s Facebook page which is how we ended up connecting.
Krystal is a native of Prince George’s County, Maryland and now lives in Baltimore with her husband and 6-year old son. Along with writing Krystal enjoys dining out, cooking, shopping, mentoring youth, hanging out with her friends and making memories with her son and husband.
Listen in to hear my guest expand upon:
- how her grandmother inspired her to start her blog as a way to archive memories and experiences
- why its important to surround yourself with both mom and non-mom friends for balance and perspective
- the dynamics of friendship and motherhood
- the 3 truths of friendship as laid out in her article “What About Your Friends?”
- how you can focus on quality over quantity when it comes to your friends
- and her motto “being consistently consistent” and how it can be applied to the various compartments of your life
This conversation is full a great reminders and reassurances that your friendships matter – and I hope it encourages you to continue to build those important relationships, so schedule the coffee date or play date or happy hour – even if its a month away – you won’t regret it! And now, on to my interview with my guest Krystal Henry.
Links Mentioned in Show:
Krystal’s Website: https://aroundthewaymom.com
Krystal’s article in CEO Mom Magazine: https://goo.gl/YKvgLQ
Around the Way Mom on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/roundthewaymom/
Healthy Women’s Summit Event Link:
Support for this podcast comes from listeners like you! For the price of a cup of coffee, you can help make episodes like this one possible. AND you’ll be contributing to the growth of The Engine Mom movement which includes bi-weekly episodes and bonus content, virtual support and mastermind groups, online coaching and so much more.
Head on over to our Patreon page at patreon.com/emom to learn more about how you can be a part of this movement!
From the bottom of my heart – thank you!
Subscribe: iTunes | Stitcher | Google Play