My guest today is Charmaine Ironside. She is a Mom, a Fitness Coach, a retired elite Snowboard Athlete (who was overweight most of her athletic career), an Emotional Eating Expert and a self-proclaimed Foodie. She was nearly paralyzed in a snowboarding accident at the peak of her competitive career and fought against the odds to recover and live her best life.
Listen in today as my guest and I discuss:
– How she went from feeling ‘spiritually bankrupt’ to experiencing harmony in her life
– How she found her way out of emotional eating through allowing herself to actually FEEL emotion
– Her tips on addressing the issues of emotional eating and how to heal from the triggers of emotional eating
– How to end negative self talk through forgiveness
– How she manages business and parenting (spoiler alert: she uses hotel babysitters so she rarely has to leave her family behind)
– The major realization that she had several months after the birth of her daughter, the feeling of being totally disconnected from her own baby and how that realization allowed her to make some serious work and life changes to find that harmony
– and she talks about the guilt she experienced around child care and being torn between comparing herself to her mom, who was home with her kids growing up and wanting to be a successful business owner and coach
Links Mentioned in Show:
Support for this podcast comes from listeners like you! For the price of a cup of coffee, you can help make episodes like this one possible. AND you’ll be contributing to the growth of The Engine Mom movement which includes bi-weekly episodes and bonus content, virtual support and mastermind groups, online coaching and so much more.
Head on over to our Patreon page at patreon.com/emom to learn more about how you can be a part of this movement!
From the bottom of my heart – thank you!
Subscribe: iTunes | Stitcher | Google Play