My guest, Ashley Nowe of Get Mom Strong is on a mission to help moms regain their strength, health and confidence. It isn’t easy to prioritize yourself after you become a mother. It is hard to make healthy eating choices when you are exhausted, and it is even harder to find motivation to exercise. As a former competitive athlete, after the birth of her first son, she looked better than ever. But the birth of her twins, who she carried to full term was an entirely different story and it threw her for a loop. Her journey to regain health and strength has taken longer than expected, and it has been an emotional ride. This is what spurred me to launch her website & brand, Get Mom Strong. As a certified health coach through the institute of integrative nutrition, my guest uses both movement and nutrition to help support moms make themselves a priority.
Listen in to hear my guest talk about:
- why she never uses an ‘all or nothing’ mentality when it comes to diet and exercise
- how she’s apprenticed under a pelvic floor physiotherapist to learn as much as possible about strengthening the pelvic floor and healing diastatis recti (and what you can learn from her experience!)
- how she uses the idea of ‘strong foods’ with her children to help them make smarter food choices
- why the 23 hours you spend outside of the gym is just as important as your workout
- and she shares the reminder that new moms should embrace the 4th trimester and appreciate that time to bond with baby and recover
Links Mentioned in Episode:
- Ashley’s Website: http://www.getmomstrong.com/
- Ashley on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/getmomstrong/
- Ashley on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/getmomstrong
Support for this podcast comes from listeners like you! For the price of a cup of coffee, you can help make episodes like this one possible. AND you’ll be contributing to the growth of The Engine Mom movement which includes bi-weekly episodes and bonus content, virtual support and mastermind groups, online coaching and so much more.
Head on over to our Patreon page at patreon.com/emom to learn more about how you can be a part of this movement!
From the bottom of my heart – thank you!
Subscribe: iTunes | Stitcher | Google Play