My guest today is Jennifer Mackey-Mary of Apple and Pear Wardrobe. She’s a mama of two daughters and has a big heart for Moms. As a professional wardrobe stylist, she is passionate about helping and inspiring women to dress well even when they’re not dressing up because she knows that when women feel confident in how they look, they show up better for the people in their lives.
Jennifer has dressed thousands of women over the last 17 years, having held leadership positions with Chico’s, South Moon Under, Gap Maternity…and of course now Apple & Pear. No matter what your body type is, or your style challenges are, she’s seen it before, and can help you build a wardrobe you love.
Jennifer specialize in helping small business owners and stay/work-at-home women build smart-casual wardrobes that fit their lifestyles and reinforce their brand.
She believes getting dressed can, and should be, fun and easy. So many women Jennifer work with are overwhelmed by overstuffed closets, and yet they still struggle to get dressed. Together, she and her clients clear out the clutter, figure out what the client needs (and what suits them) and create a fabulous wardrobe.
Listen in today to hear Jennifer talk about:
- why she considers herself a ‘just-enough-alist’ versus a minimalist
- how she uses a ‘What Not to Wear’ approach to help women find the right styles for their body types and how ‘changing your pants can change your life’
- why talking about clothing and style isn’t superficial or frivolous
- how you can start looking at fashion as a catalyst versus waiting for something big to happen to start wearing what you love
- why everything in your wardrobe should fit you perfectly (or it doesn’t belong in there!)
- and, she shares some of her ‘must-haves’ for every woman’s closet (hint: it does not include a black suit)
Links Mentioned in Show:
– Jennifer’s Website: http://appleandpearwardrobe.com/index.html
– Jennifer on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/AppleandPearWardrobe/
– Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/appleandpearwardrobe/
– Video w/ Daughter, ‘Feeling Confident in Your Clothes’ on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/AppleandPearWardrobe/videos/1646084292172318/
– Special link for EMOM Podcast Listeners: bit.ly/emomstyle
Support for this podcast comes from listeners like you! For the price of a cup of coffee, you can help make episodes like this one possible. AND you’ll be contributing to the growth of The Engine Mom movement which includes bi-weekly episodes and bonus content, virtual support and mastermind groups, online coaching and so much more.
Head on over to our Patreon page at patreon.com/emom to learn more about how you can be a part of this movement!
From the bottom of my heart – thank you!