47: How to Use Faith to Find Passion& Purpose & Navigating Life as a Single Mom with Dr. Sophia Reed
Dr. Sophia Reed is a National Certified Counselor with a Master’s degree in marriage and family therapy and a PhD in Human Behavior. Her passion is teaching women how to make boss moves while keeping God first. She is a devoted single mother and seeks to strengthen Christian women through her writing. To this end, Sophia created the Sophie-stication Mom, her online platform where she dispenses advice on everything from relationships to business, to looking good on a budget and shares stories from her community
Listen in to hear Sophia talk about:
- how her evolving relationship with God and being a single mother influenced her current work
- why she strives to make prayer more accessible to all women, especially to single Moms
- her goals to be as real as possible when presenting herself as a Christian and a professional
- how she uses stories from the Bible and relates them to present day scenarios to empower women
- and how working in a juvenile correctional facility as a young woman inspired strategies for her parenting
Link Mentioned in Show:
Sophia’s Website: https://sophie-sticatedmom.com/
Sophia on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/SophiaReedMFT/
Sophia on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/sophie_sticatedmom/
Sopia on Twitter: https://twitter.com/SophiaReedmft
Support for this podcast comes from listeners like you! For the price of a cup of coffee, you can help make episodes like this one possible. AND you’ll be contributing to the growth of The Engine Mom movement which includes bi-weekly episodes and bonus content, virtual support and mastermind groups, online coaching and so much more.
Head on over to our Patreon page at patreon.com/emom to learn more about how you can be a part of this movement!
From the bottom of my heart – thank you!
Subscribe: iTunes | Stitcher | Google Play