48: Lessons in Parenting, Struggles & Successes with Jessica Dahlquist of The Extraordinary Moms Podcast
Jessica Dahlquist is a military wife, mom of three boys, and host of the Extraordinary Moms Podcast, where she interviews different moms who share their motherhood journeys and the lessons they’ve learned along the way. Jessica lives in Southern California, and loves to sing, bake, read, watch her boys’ soccer games, and learn from other moms. In her former life, she was an elementary school teacher.
Listen in to hear Jessica talk about:
- what she’s learned as a mom of three and the important lesson of knowing your kids, what ‘fills them up’ and how giving them the attention that they crave builds strong relationships
- her tips on positive parenting which include focusing on acknowledgements and celebrating tiny wins versus only focusing on the negative
- why its important to remember that even if you’re not a first time mom, when you have a new baby – you are ultimately a new mom to that baby and to understand that there is a learning curve that comes with that time in your life
- she talks about what inspired her to launch her podcast The Extraordinary Moms Podcast after seeing so much of everyone’s “highlight reels” on social media, she sought out to connect with amazing moms to share their successes AS WELL AS their struggles and to make their stories matter
- and we dive in to the topic of perfectionism: why it’s a waste of energy and why it’s Ok to “mess up” and to model that to our children
Link Mentioned in Show:
Extraordinary Moms Podcast: https://extraordinarymomspodcast.com/
Support for this podcast comes from listeners like you! For the price of a cup of coffee, you can help make episodes like this one possible. AND you’ll be contributing to the growth of The Engine Mom movement which includes bi-weekly episodes and bonus content, virtual support and mastermind groups, online coaching and so much more.
Head on over to our Patreon page at patreon.com/emom to learn more about how you can be a part of this movement!
From the bottom of my heart – thank you!
Subscribe: iTunes | Stitcher | Google Play