54: Increase Energy, Decrease PPD Levels & Boost Milk Supply – The Benefits of Placenta with Carmen Calvo
My guest today is Carmen Calvo, wife and mother of two boys and the founder of The Nurturing Root. Having struggled with postpartum fatigue, anxiety and sadness after the birth of her first child, Carmen was eager to find a natural way to avoid these feelings again when she became pregnant with her second baby. Carmen began studying the benefits of placentophagy, was so passionate about it, that she dedicated herself to training as a placenta encapsulation specialist. Eager to share the placenta’s restorative powers with other mothers, and inspired by the image a placenta created when printed, she launched her business, and has been happily offering her services ever since.
Listen in to hear about:
- her postpartum experiences and how they differed from child to child
- and how her postpartum experiences inspired the launch of her business
- why birth workers are so important and how to connect with them
- how the birth communities have evolved and how resources are more available now than before
- the benefits of placenta encapsulation which include decreased symptoms of postpartum depression, better lactation and energy
- how she grew her business as her children grew
Links Mentioned in this Episode:
- Carmen’s Website: https://thenurturingroot.com/
- The Nurturing Root on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/TheNurturingRoot
- Like a Mother, book on Amazon
Support for this podcast comes from listeners like you! For the price of a cup of coffee, you can help make episodes like this one possible. AND you’ll be contributing to the growth of The Engine Mom movement which includes bi-weekly episodes and bonus content, virtual support and mastermind groups, online coaching and so much more.
Head on over to our Patreon page at patreon.com/emom to learn more about how you can be a part of this movement!
From the bottom of my heart – thank you!