Julie Wiebe is physical therapist with over twenty years of clinical experience in both Sports Medicine and Women’s Health. Following her passion to revolutionize the way women recover from pregnancy and return to high levels of fitness, she has pioneered an integrative approach to promote women’s health in and through fitness.
Julie maintains a clinical practice in Los Angeles and shares her approach for post pregnancy and pelvic health recovery and return to fitness with women worldwide through online courses.
When not trying to change the world one pelvic floor at a time, Julie is happy to focus on her first passions: being mom to the Z’s (Zoe and Zack), and wife to David.
Listen in to hear my guest talk about:
- how when she first started in PT, the “core” as we know it was not even a “thing” and how the way we view the core has changed over the years
- an old school of thought that ultimately left female athletes with a prescription for “no fitness” if they experienced any core dysfunction and how she made it her mission to change that through blending the worlds of pelvic floor health and traditional physical therapy
- why breathing and breathing patterns are so important to connect to our core and why you should STOP holding your breath
- and talks about ACOG’s latest release of fourth trimester guidelines, definitely a step in the right direction for the future of women’s health
Links Mentioned in Episode:
– Julie’s Website: https://www.juliewiebept.com/
– The “Balloon” Diaphragmatic Breathing Video :https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cW9mwfy-6-I&feature=youtu.be
– Julie on Twitter: https://twitter.com/juliewiebept
– Julie on Instagram: https://instagram.com/juliewiebept
Get your FREE EMOM Workout: Text “workout” to 858-704-7705.
Thank you for all of your continued support for The Engine Mom Podcast!!
Support for this podcast comes from listeners like you! For the price of a cup of coffee, you can help make episodes like this one possible. AND you’ll be contributing to the growth of The Engine Mom movement which includes bi-weekly episodes and bonus content, virtual support and mastermind groups, online coaching and so much more.
Head on over to our Patreon page at patreon.com/emom to learn more about how you can be a part of this movement!
From the bottom of my heart – thank you!
Subscribe: iTunes | Stitcher | Google Play