Today you will hear from two inspiring Mamas, Jenn Rout & Lara Schulte, the co-founders of Generation.Mom – an online community and podcast designed to help Moms navigate modern day motherhood. Native to San Diego, Lara lives in one of San Diego’s surf-town suburbs with her husband of 6 years & college sweetheart, Taylor. They are currently raising their toddler son Sawyer, their French Bulldog Paisley and are expecting their second child in October. She is a natural born leader, a planner by heart, working on being more present, rather than living by a to-do list and in thoughts of the future. As a certified professional life & business coach, she initially started working with businesses in leadership and team training, and individuals in career counseling. After her son was born it was time for her to pivot to a new audience, where her voice would make the biggest impact… today’s modern mom.
Jenn relocated herself to Sunny San Diego from her hometown of Las Vegas in her early twenties. She met her husband, Tim, over guacamole and margaritas in a coastal Mexican restaurant popular with locals. Six years later, after countless travel and sailing adventures, they found themselves new parents to a blonde 17-month-old with an adorable set of dimples. She fortunate enough to have a career that allows her to work remotely, her office is wherever she can find wifi and a strong cup of coffee. She is thrilled about the possibilities that a strong diverse community of Moms can offer each other and is proud to be a Generation.Mom
Listen in to hear my guests talk about:
- the importance of a village and how social media has been a major platform to connect with other Moms in the “.com” era
- how they used previous professional experience to lay the foundation for their podcast and community, Generation.mom
- how building a community for Moms has influenced the way they connect with others and their families
- some of their biggest take aways from their community of modern moms
Links Mentioned in Episode:
– Generation.mom Website: https://generation.mom
– Generation.mom Podcast: https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/generation-mom/id1399768538?mt=2- Generation.mom Facebook Community: https://www.facebook.com/groups/generation.mom
– Generation.mom on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/generation.mom/
Get your FREE EMOM Workout: Text “workout” to 858-704-7705.
Thank you for all of your continued support for The Engine Mom Podcast!!
Support for this podcast comes from listeners like you! For the price of a cup of coffee, you can help make episodes like this one possible. AND you’ll be contributing to the growth of The Engine Mom movement which includes bi-weekly episodes and bonus content, virtual support and mastermind groups, online coaching and so much more.
Head on over to our Patreon page at patreon.com/emom to learn more about how you can be a part of this movement!
From the bottom of my heart – thank you!
Subscribe: iTunes | Stitcher | Google Play