My guest today is a wife and Mama to an 8-month old little girl and she is the creative genius behind Glass’d Gallery and Katy Helen Art. I learned about my her art when I was living in San Diego and have been following her evolution as an artist ever since. I’ve always been curious about how she ended up as a full-time artist so I was thrilled to have her join me to share her story of pursuing her creative passions and becoming a mom.
Listen in to hear my guest share:
- her initial feeling that art couldn’t realistically be a viable career and how her perception changed after years of working in a corporate business role
- important lessons learned through an artist cooperative including ignoring the rules & “do your own thing”
- how she made the pivot from the corporate business world to a creative business and full-time artist
- how she sets boundaries with work as a new mom
- and why creativity doesn’t only have to show up in the form of art
Links Mentioned in Episode:
- Katy’s Art Website: http://katyhelen.com/
- Glass’d Gallery: https://glassdgallery.com/
- Katy on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/katyhelenart/
Get your FREE EMOM Workout: Text “workout” to 858-704-7705.
Thank you for all of your continued support for The Engine Mom Podcast!!
Support for this podcast comes from listeners like you! For the price of a cup of coffee, you can help make episodes like this one possible. AND you’ll be contributing to the growth of The Engine Mom movement which includes bi-weekly episodes and bonus content, virtual support and mastermind groups, online coaching and so much more.
Head on over to our Patreon page at patreon.com/emom to learn more about how you can be a part of this movement!
From the bottom of my heart – thank you!
Subscribe: iTunes | Stitcher | Google Play