Rachel Nusbaum is a partner, mom, daughter and sister who writes in pursuit of connection with herself and others. Rachel’s creative business, Orchid Story, was built upon her deeply held belief that sharing our personal stories of struggle helps us to find meaning and adapt.
Listen in to hear my guest talk about:
- how if we change our thoughts, we can change our lives and why your story is your strength
- her experience in finding out that her son had congenital heart failure at 18 weeks and needed surgery in utero, having to pack up and move from Virginia to Boston at 39 weeks pregnant to give her son the best chance at birth
- how her work in genetic counseling allowed her to share the story of her son from the patient perspective, which ultimately sparked the idea for her business, Orchid Story
- how writing can help us determine beliefs versus truths
- and she gives tips on how to get started with writing and telling your story, even if its just for you
Links Mentioned in Episode:
Orchid Story Website: https://www.orchidstory.com/
Rewrite Your Story Prompt: https://www.orchidstory.com/storytellinginsights
Get your FREE EMOM Workout: Text “workout” to 858-704-7705.
Thank you for all of your continued support for The Engine Mom Podcast!!
Support for this podcast comes from listeners like you! For the price of a cup of coffee, you can help make episodes like this one possible. AND you’ll be contributing to the growth of The Engine Mom movement which includes bi-weekly episodes and bonus content, virtual support and mastermind groups, online coaching and so much more.
Head on over to our Patreon page at patreon.com/emom to learn more about how you can be a part of this movement!
From the bottom of my heart – thank you!