Tausi Suedi is a multilingual global public health policy professional whose passion and work primarily focuses on maternal, newborn, child, and adolescent health in marginalized communities mainly in low- and middle-income countries. Fueled by her own maternal health experiences, she cofounded Childbirth Survival International (CSI), a global nonprofit in 2013. Under her leadership, CSI currently spans across five countries in sub-Saharan Africa: Tanzania, Uganda, Somalia, Ghana, and Nigeria; including locally in Baltimore, Maryland, USA. She is a wife and a mom of 3 and shares that her family is held together by “mama powers” of love, compassion, consideration, communication, hard work, praying together, and just doing things together all the time. Her family keeps her alive, focused, grounded, and optimistic about life and humanity. Her children are into different competitive sports (swimming, gymnastics, and soccer) so she and her husband are pretty busy year-round and they love it.
Listen in to hear my guest talk about:
- her experience with a challenging introduction to motherhood that included Hyperemesis and Gestational Diabetes during all 3 of her pregnancies among other complications
- how her childbirth experience inspired her work today
- comparing and contrasting her different postpartum experiences
- the fact that postpartum care is often under-addressed in many developing countries and even in the US and what she is doing to continue to spread awareness about the importance of postpartum care
- and how she is advocating for women and girls everywhere and how to continue to spread this message
Links Mentioned in Episode:
- Website: Childbirthsurvivalinternational.org
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/childbirthsurvivalinternational.org
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/childbirthsi // https://twitter.com/tausisuedi
- YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/c/ChildbirthsurvivalinternationalOrg
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/childbirth-survival-international
- Book: Breaking Night, by Liz Murray https://www.amazon.com/Breaking-Night-Forgiveness-Survival-Homeless/dp/1401310591
Get your FREE EMOM Workout: Text “workout” to 858-704-7705.
Thank you for all of your continued support for The Engine Mom Podcast!!
Support for this podcast comes from listeners like you! For the price of a cup of coffee, you can help make episodes like this one possible. AND you’ll be contributing to the growth of The Engine Mom movement which includes bi-weekly episodes and bonus content, virtual support and mastermind groups, online coaching and so much more.
Head on over to our Patreon page at patreon.com/emom to learn more about how you can be a part of this movement!
From the bottom of my heart – thank you!
Subscribe: iTunes | Stitcher | Google Play