Jessa Zimmerman is a Mom of 3. She lives in Seattle with her partner and youngest child, with two older children living out of the home. She is a certified sex therapist and couples’ counselor. She specializes in helping couples who have a good relationship but who are avoiding sex because it’s become stressful, negative, disappointing, or pressured. She educates, coaches, and supports people as they go through her 9-phase experiential process that allows them real world practice in changing their relationship and their sex life.
She is the author of Sex Without Stress, the host of the Better Sex Podcast, and is a regularly featured expert in the media, including Refinery29, Business Insider, Mind Body Green, and Marriage.com.
In this episode we talk about:
- how she took the big leap of going back to school to get a Masters in therapy after being a home-school, stay-at-home-mom of 3 and getting a divorce
- her fascination with what makes successful relationships work and how she ended up working with couples as a sex therapist
- the benefits of being raised in a sex-positive household
- how she ‘walks the walk’ with her partner, her children and in parenting
- she gives tips on how to talk to your own children about sex by normalizing sex in conversation
- how her children perceive her work as a sex therapist
- and her advice for maintaining a healthy relationship while raising young children
Links Mentioned in Episode:
- Website: https://seattlecouplescounselor.com
- Free Sex Quiz: https://www.seattlesextherapist.com/sex-quiz/
- Book: Sex Without Stress
- Better Sex Podcast: https://bettersexpodcast.com/
Get your FREE EMOM Workout: Text “workout” to 858-704-7705.
Thank you for all of your continued support for The Engine Mom Podcast!!
Support for this podcast comes from listeners like you! For the price of a cup of coffee, you can help make episodes like this one possible. AND you’ll be contributing to the growth of The Engine Mom movement which includes bi-weekly episodes and bonus content, virtual support and mastermind groups, online coaching and so much more.
Head on over to our Patreon page at patreon.com/emom to learn more about how you can be a part of this movement!
From the bottom of my heart – thank you!
Subscribe: iTunes | Stitcher | Google Play