Kate Hamblet is an architect and owner of the residential design studio Balanced Architecture. As a wellness architect, she has a passion for integrating wellness and health into architectural design. Her mission is to help health-conscious families create homes that support and promote health, happiness and longevity.
Kate, along with her husband Pieter and their three-year-old son Crosby, live in a quiet town in New Hampshire where they are renovating their own house to turn it into a home that promotes health and wellness. When they are not tearing down walls or building a new deck, they will probably be found hiking and skiing the New Hampshire mountains or traveling back to their previous home in Colorado.
Kate’s newest venture, Balanced Home, Balanced Life was created so that she could help families across the country design homes that encourage healthy living. Creating an online business also provides the flexibility of being able to go between her two favorite places, New Hampshire and Colorado, and call them both home.
Listen in to hear more about:
- what a wellness architect does and how becoming a parent was the catalyst to diving in to that field of work
- my guest’s very challenging first year with baby and how that encouraged her to find ways to reduce stress in her home
- how you can start creating more intentional and functional spaces in your home and how transforming your space can transform your mood
- her favorite resources for home organization solutions
- and her tips on getting rid of toxins in the home to make your space safer for you and your family
Links Mentioned in Episode:
- Website: https://www.balancedhomebalancedlife.com/
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/balanced_architecture/
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/BalancedArchitecture/
- Pinterest: https://www.pinterest.com/balancedarchitecture/
- E-Course: https://www.balancedhomebalancedlife.com/designedforwellness/
- Healthy Home Guide: https://www.balancedhomebalancedlife.com/healthyhomeguide/
Get your FREE EMOM Workout: Text “workout” to 858-704-7705.
Thank you for all of your continued support for The Engine Mom Podcast!!
Support for this podcast comes from listeners like you! For the price of a cup of coffee, you can help make episodes like this one possible. AND you’ll be contributing to the growth of The Engine Mom movement which includes bi-weekly episodes and bonus content, virtual support and mastermind groups, online coaching and so much more.
Head on over to our Patreon page at patreon.com/emom to learn more about how you can be a part of this movement!
From the bottom of my heart – thank you!
Subscribe: iTunes | Stitcher | Google Play