Jen Lumanlan holds a Master’s in Psychology focused on Child Development and another in Education. She’s the parent of a four-year-old daughter and hosts the Your Parenting Mojo podcast, which is a reference guide for parents of toddlers and preschoolers based on scientific research and principles of respectful parenting. In each episode she examines an issue related to child development from all sides so parents can understand what the body of research says about it, and how to use this information to align their day-to-day parenting with their goals for raising their children.
Listen in to hear Jen and I talk about:
- the variety of gender differences among boys and girls
- one thing I found interesting: that there are more differences between any two boys or any two girls than there are between boys and girls
- how gender ‘norms’ are a social construct, and begins at a very young age
- how children form and understand social groups and learn to expect certain interactions through routines
- three things to do when addressing gender with your children
- and why it’s important to correct ideas / gender stereotypes every time if you’re goal is to break those stereotypes
Links Mentioned in Episode:
- Website: https://yourparentingmojo.com
- Podcast: https://yourparentingmojo.com/episodes/
- YMP Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/2174808219425589/
- YMP Membership Group: https://yourparentingmojo.com/membership/
- Engine Mom listeners special offer: 100 Books to Help Children Learn
Get your FREE EMOM Workout: Text “workout” to 858-704-7705.
Thank you for all of your continued support for The Engine Mom Podcast!!
Support for this podcast comes from listeners like you! For the price of a cup of coffee, you can help make episodes like this one possible. AND you’ll be contributing to the growth of The Engine Mom movement which includes bi-weekly episodes and bonus content, virtual support and mastermind groups, online coaching and so much more.
Head on over to our Patreon page at patreon.com/emom to learn more about how you can be a part of this movement!
From the bottom of my heart – thank you!
Subscribe: iTunes | Stitcher | Google Play| Spotify Podcasts